The Food Shelf provides basic assistance for families in need. It is available to families in need year-round with supplies being dependent on community donations and local food banks. The MFCC Emergency Food Shelf is accessible Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00am to 3:00pm and Tuesday and Friday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. The MFCC food shelf is closed on weekends and holidays.
Please contact MFCC if you or your organization are interested in planning a Food Drive to benefit MFCC’s Emergency Food Shelf.
If you are wondering when we may be in need, you can always check our Items Needed page for dated posts.
Common Food Shelf Needs:
- Canned tuna, chicken or salmon
- Peanut butter
- Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Canned fruit in its own juice or water
- Olive or canola oil
- Spices (cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, salt-free spice blends)
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- Mac N’ Cheese
- Diapers/Pull Ups