Milton Family Community Center Seeks New Board Members!
The Milton Family Community Center does amazing work to support families throughout northern Chittenden County, offering high-quality childcare to families regardless of their ability to pay, a wealth of workshops and education opportunities for parents, support groups, and concrete support through our diaper bank, food shelf and financial assistance. Our goal is to make the difficult work of raising young children easier and improve the health and connectedness of our community. Our services prevent child abuse and neglect in the present, and help ensure that in the future, these children will grow into adults who can contribute to the community.
We are currently seeking new board members to help us broaden the scope of our programming, increase the number of families we reach and develop a strategic plan for the center. We are especially seeking board members
- with financial experience (accountants, bankers, bookkeepers)
- with legal experience
- with experience in Human Relations
- who will increase the diversity of our board
- who are community leaders
- who are parents/caregivers of young children
- who live outside of Milton and can help us extend our geographic reach
Board members should expect a monthly meeting of 1.5 hours (currently Zoom-based) and an additional 2-4 hours of committee work each month. Those interested in serving as treasurer or in leadership positions (president or vice president) would involve a slightly larger time commitment. We are currently seeking board members interested in the following roles:
- Treasurer: reviews bank statements and reconciliations on a quarterly basis, leads the finance committee and presents financial statements for full board approval, advises the finance manager and executive director in the development of a budget for the center.
- President: meets regularly with the executive director, sets agenda for and facilitates monthly board meetings, coordinates the activities of committees, chairs the executive committee.
- Vice President: prepares to serve as president the following year, runs meetings in the president’s absence, assists with the president’s duties.
If you are interested in serving on the board, please complete this questionnaire.
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for MFCC. As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust for the community, and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization. Board Members must be knowledgeable about and uphold the Center’s by laws and policies regarding client confidentiality and conflict of interest statements.
We need energetic, passionate people to serve on our Board of Directors who are willing to volunteer their time to promote the MFCC mission, provide connections that can help the Center, bring an enthusiasm for social networking, and work as part of team in improving our facility.
Our Board of Directors meets every month, on the third Monday from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM on Zoom.
2021 Board of Directors
Laura Butler, President
Morgen Galloway, Member
Stephanie Wobby, Secretary
Rep. Chris Mattos, Vice President
Chris Rocheleau, Parent Representative and Interim Treasurer
Karen Adams, Member